Zucchini Spaghetti Bolognese – A Brilliant Beef Mince Recipe
Quick and not so dirty! This recipe is one that you can expect to make in a snap when you get home, and thoroughly impress anyone. While we at Our Cow naturally want to say that the star of the show is always our product (because it is) the thing the real shining star here is the zucchini pasta!
Don’t worry, zucchini pasta sounds a whole lot more exotic than it really is. You should be able to find them at most large supermarkets, and you can even have a crack at making them yourself if you’re feeling up to it!
For those moderating their gluten intake, zucchini pasta is a great way to get the loving homely feel of a pasta dish without the gluten hit of regular pasta. The significantly lowered carbohydrate count in this dish makes it waistline friendly as well.
We’d be remiss if we didn’t let you know that a good quality beef mince like the kind you can get here with Our Cow is perfect for a dish like this. You’ll be blown away by how hearty yet fresh a dish like this can taste when you nail it.
Best of all – nailing it is easy! Jump on in!
- 1 brown onion
- 1 carrot – peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 level tablespoons of dried oregano
- 500 g of Our Cow beef mince
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 500 g of bolognese pasta sauce (check this one is gluten free if need be)
- 500 g of packet zucchini spaghetti
- 1 cup of mozzarella coarsely grated
- Fresh oregano for garnish
- Start preheating your oven grill to high.
- Using a food processor, give your onion, carrots and garlic a whirl until finely chopped.
- Heating a tablespoon of oil in a deep pan for frying (one that you can put in the oven) add your vegetable mixture and a teaspoon of dried oregano. Cook this mixture until nicely softened.
- Add your minced beef into the pan, and the remaining olive oil. Break up any lumps with a wooden spoon and give the whole pan a good stir through. Cook everything until the meat is nicely browned.
- Add your tomato paste and stir through for a minute until it is combined.
- Add your bolognese sauce and stir through. Cover and let it all cook for 2 minutes.
- Now, add in you 500 g of zucchini spaghetti and begin gently stirring it through. Once stirred, re-cover and cook until the zucchini spaghetti is tender.
- Sprinkle the whole pan with your oregano and grated mozzarella and throw it all in under the grill. Let it cook here for a few minutes until the cheese has taken on some colour.
- Garnish with some fresh oregano and you’re golden!