Who doesn’t love a delicious beef burger? This family favourite is a regular at dinner tables all throughout Australia and it’s not hard to see why. Think a juicy, flavourful patty, fresh lettuce and tomato, a rasher or two of crispy bacon plus a yummy sauce to top things off. The best thing about beef burgers is that they taste amazing and are healthy too. Check out our delicious recipe below and you won’t be able to resist!
You can keep things simple or get a little bit creative when it comes to making this ripper beef burger recipe. Here, we’ve opted to use a range of easy to find ingredients that boast lots of flavour and natural goodness. We’ve broken things down into three parts – the beef patties, a homemade sauce and everything else!
For the beef patties
Indulge guests with a beef patty that is juicy and flavourful to really leave a lasting impression. You’ll need the following:
- 500g premium quality beef mince
- 500g premium quality pork mine
- 2 eggs
- Half a brown onion (diced)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the homemade sauce
This homemade sauce will bring things to life and seal the deal. It consists of:
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ½ red onion (diced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
Nothing too crazy here, just some beef burger basics:
- Sliced tomato
- Red onion rings
- Hamburger buns
- Tasty cheese (sliced)
Okay, now that you’ve gathered everything that you need, it’s time to get cooking.
- Heat oil in a pan and add red onions and cook until soft. Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds before pouring in canned tomatoes. Stir in salt, pepper and brown sugar. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat, allowing sauce to simmer for 20-30 minutes. Remove from the pan and place in a saucer.
- Combine beef and pork mince in a large bowl with brown onion, parmesan, bread crumbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Add lightly whisked eggs and mix everything together with hands. Use your mixture to form small, patty-shaped balls. Cook on the BBQ or in the pan until slightly charred on the outside but juicy on the inside.
- Spread a generous spoon of homemade sauce on the inside of each hamburger bun. Add lettuce, tomato, cheese plus onion rings. Place your perfectly cooked patty on the top and crown with an extra dollop of sauce. Close the burger with your top bun and you’re good to go.
- Serve, share and enjoy!
Trust us when we say that these delicious beef burgers will go down a treat. Be sure to share with the important people in your life and don’t forget to make plenty so everyone can get their fill.