Our Delicious Beef and Black Bean Recipe
This scrumptious beef and black bean recipe is great for feeding the family throughout the week and can also be used to impress guests on special occasions. Not only does it have a wonderful taste, but it’s healthy and nutritious too. Enjoy perfectly cooked slices of beef, fresh veggies and a yummy black bean sauce that brings everything together. Our tip? Make plenty so everyone can get their fill!
The key to this beef and black bean recipe is getting high quality ingredients. You’ll need:
- 500g rump steak, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp peanut oil or rice bran oil
- 1 large brown onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red capsicum, sliced thickly into long wedges
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced thickly into long wedges
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 1/3 cup black bean sauce
- 2 spring onion shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sprouts bean shoots
- 2 x 125g punnets fresh baby corn, halved
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Steamed long grain white rice, to serve
Bringing this masterpiece to life is easy and actually a lot of fun. Simply follow the steps below and you’ll soon be tucking into a delicious beef and black bean meal.
- Combine cornflour and soy in a medium sized bowl, mix well. Add your beef and toss to coat.
- Heat a large wok over a high heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil and half the beef. Cook for approx 1 minute or until the beef is browned and then transfer onto a plate. Repeat the process with the remaining beef.
- In the same work, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add capsicums and onion, cooking for 1 minute. Add garlic, ginger, sesame seeds and corn, stir-fry for 1 minute. Add beef back to the pan with black bean sauce and stir-fry for 1 minute. Tip: the beef should be thickly coated in sauce.
- Portion your beef and black bean meal into bowls and garnish with bean shoots and spring onion. We suggest serving alongside some white, fluffy rice.
Treat your family to this delicious dish
This is a great recipe idea that everyone will enjoy thanks to its wonderful flavour and fragrant aroma. We particularly love the tasty black bean sauce that works perfectly with the thin beef slices. As for the rest, well, there’s nothing better than some fresh veggies that provide plenty of bite and wonderful texture. Be sure to share with family, friends and anyone else who deserves a special treat.
Quality ingredients for your meals
If you’re looking to purchase premium beef cuts, then the friendly team at Our Cow can help. We supply customers throughout Australia with high quality beef that is ethically farmed and responsibly distributed. It’s all about putting households back in touch with local farmers. Shop online today or contact us to find out more about how we can help to meet your shopping needs.