Beef Stir Fry Recipe
A beef stir fry should be fun to cook and delicious to eat. Luckily for you, our recipe below provides just that. Think succulent beef strips, crispy vegetables, fluffy rice and a delectable sauce that is full of flavour. Keep reading to learn how you can recreate this wonderful meal at home.
You’ll need to grab yourself the following ingredients to ensure that everything comes together perfectly:
- 500g lean beef rump steak, cut across the grain into thin strips
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into short, thin strips
- 125g pkt baby corn, halved lengthways
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Steamed medium-grain white rice, to serve
We’ve kept things simple so you don’t have to keep hungry guests waiting.
- Heat a large sized wok over a high heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil and stir around to coat the side of the wok. Tip, it’s important to get things very hot and to heat the wok itself before pouring in the oil. This will avoid burning. If the beef sizzles immediately when added to the wok, it’s ready to go.
- Cook the beef in three batches, stir-frying for 1-2 minutes or until the beef is browned and lightly cooked. Remove each batch once browned from the wok and transfer to a plate. Repeat until all the beef is done. Remember to get the wok hot again for each batch.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the wok over medium-high heat. Add capsicum, corn, broccolini and onion. Cook for 2 minutes. Add water and cover, allow to cook for approximately 1 minute or until the veggies are just becoming slightly soft.
- Pour in oyster sauce, soy sauce and garlic. Stir and toss well to combine all of the ingredients. Add the beef and toss through until heated.
- Cook some rice of your choosing and serve everything immediately while still hot.
Tip: Key to this recipe is cooking the beef in batches. This ensures that the wok doesn’t cool down due to overcrowding. If it does cool down, the wok will lose its heat and your meat will become tough.
Perfect for all occasions
This beef stir fry recipe is great for anyone who wants to feed the family in a hurry. Thanks to succulent beef strips, plenty of crisp veggies and a delicious sauce, there won’t be anyone at the table who doesn’t ask for more. Feel free to get the kids involved and teach them some fun kitchen skills. Just be sure to cook plenty so there’s no fighting over the last serve!
Shop for premium beef online
If you want to bring this delicious recipe idea to life, then shop online with Our Cow. We supply a wide range of delicious meat boxes that are perfect for all kinds of dishes. Look to us for beef that is hormone, preservative and antibiotic free.