A Delicious Beef Stew Slow Cooker Recipe
Looking for ideas as to what you can do with some of your left-over beef? There is nothing heartier than a good old-fashioned beef stew. Try this delicious slow cooked beef recipe!
The ingredients for this delicious slow cooker recipe aren’t hard to find in your local supermarket. With time you’ll find little tweaks that you can make here and there to better match your taste.
We’ve included little optional extras like caraway seeds and bay leaves. If that isn’t your thing, don’t fret about leaving them out. With produce of the kind you can get here with us at Our Cow, you don’t need to work it all that hard to get an amazing result!
The ingredients are:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 kg of Our Cow meat of your choice
- 450 g of baby red potatoes, roughly quartered
- 4 medium carrots chopped into diagonal slices
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ½ a cup of white flour
- (optional) 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds
- (optional) 2 bay leaves
Slow cooker recipes really do bring the best out in your ingredients. The list we’ve set out above is also quite flexible. If you’ve got some left-over veggies of another kind, just give them a rough chop and throw them in! Also – we love the taste of smoked paprika, but we’ve tasted great results with subtle substitutions like sweet Hungarian paprika as well.
The beauty of this slow cooker recipe, like so many other delicious slow cooker recipes, is that the slow cooker and quality ingredients do most of the work for you! It’s all just about having the patients to wait until your slow cooked beef stew is just right.
The method for this delicious slow cooker recipe is as follows:
- Start out with a large skillet. Heat your olive oil over a medium heat.
- Season your Our Cow beef to taste and add to your skillet. Cooking until nice and evenly browned. This should only take a couple minutes.
- Throw your beef into your slow cooker, along with your potatoes, carrots, garlic and onion.
- Add your beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, thyme, paprika and optional caraway seeds and bay leaves. Stir until everything is mixed through. Season to taste.
- Throw the lid on your slow cooker and leave it covered; 7 to 8 hours on a low heat or 3 to 4 hours on a high heat. If you can wait, we recommend low and slow.
- When you have about half an hour to go, add in a mixture of your flour and roughly half a cup of beef broth. You can whisk this together in a separate bowl and then stir in. Recover for the final half hour of cooking.
- And serve!
This recipe has a couple more steps than other slow cooked beef recipes. But at Our Cow, we believe they are well worth the effort.